- Your Ultimate Workout Plan at Home
- How to Build Muscle Without Fitness Equipment
- Sport at Home without any Equipment
- Workout at Home: 8 Exercises on Your Fitness Mat
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Stretch in the Morning
- Football: Strengthening Muscles at Home
- How to Choose Your Running Shoes
- Tips for Starting a Running Program
- Swimming: How to Keep Fit at Home
- Why Practice Sports?
- How to Reduce Body Heat Naturally: 10 Home Remedies
- How Can I Stay Motivated for Sport?
- How to Practice Yoga at Home
- 6 Exercises for the Yoga Beginner
- 5 Great Reasons to Start Doing Yoga
6 Steps On Maintaining & Cleaning Your Bike Cycling
Step #1: Rinse the Bike Thoroughly
Step #2: Spray the bike cleaner solution
Step #3: Clean the frame
Step #4: Brush the drivetrain and other inaccessible areas
With your set of brushes, start scrubbing the drivetrain.
Cassette & chainrings: Use the specially shaped brush (with the curved handle with teeth) to brush hard-to-reach areas. Feel free to scrub vigorously – you will need to do so in order to free up the grime and dirt. Use the curved handle with teeth to clean the gaps between the cassette sprockets. Crankset & derailleurs: Use the conical brush to clean the rest of the drivetrain.
Other inaccessible areas: With the conical brush, continue to scrub other parts of the bike like the chainstay-bottom bracket junction, underneath the saddle, tyres, etc.
Step #5: Rinse the bike again
If you are using a hose, spray the bike with water to rinse off the lather.
If you are using a bucket of water, soak the rag with water and rinse the bike down.
When the rag is full of lather, squeeze it out, soak it with water again and continue to rinse the bike until it's free of any cleaning solution.
Step #6: Drying the Bike
Once the bike is clean, you may let it air-dry.
If you can't wait, grab a dry rag and wipe it down.
Stand back and admire your sparkling clean bike!
And that wraps up the first part of our series on how to maintain your bike. We hope you found this article useful, and stay tuned for the next part!